Van Roij Fasteners Europe B.V., trading as Eurofast (Chamber of Commerce registration 17086651, Indumastraat 18, 5753 RJ Deurne, the Netherlands), hereafter called "Eurofast", is responsible for processing the personal data described in this privacy statement. Eurofast (also "we", "us" or "our") attaches great importance to protecting personal data. We process your data with utmost care. This privacy statement informs you about how we handle personal data.
1. Personal data that we process
We process personal data if you disclosed it to us when entering into an agreement with us, but also when you use our services and for that reason disclose data to us, or to enable us to save data about your interests and your preferences.
Data disclosed to us
If you enter into an agreement with Eurofast, we need the following personal data from you:
- telephone number, email address;
- company information;
Data about use your use of our services
If you use Eurofast services or have contact with us in some other way, we will process as part of our service provisioning – depending on the exact use you make of our services – the following data that are or may be deemed to be personal data:
- data concerning your equipment, such as an IP address or another number;
- surfing behaviour, determined using our own observations or cookies;
- public data obtained from the Internet and social profiles;
- if you receive emails from us, we will keep a record of interactions (opening and clicking behaviour).
As a basic principle, Eurofast will not process more personal data than necessary for the purposes described above.
2. Lawfulness of processing
We process personal data on the following legal grounds set out in article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
1. Processing is necessary for performance of a contract with you;
2. Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
3. Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of Eurofast (such as marketing)
4. Processing occurs with the user’s consent
Legitimate interests include the marketing, advertising, security, research and analysis of our own products or services and legal matters.
3. Purpose and basis of processing personal data
We use your personal data to be able to provide the services that you request. Eurofast processes your personal data in order to:
- build up and maintain a relationship with you as a customer, including maintaining a direct relationship between the controller and (collaborative) partners, among other things for commercial purposes [legal grounds 1, 2, 3];
- perform contracts concluded with you for service provisioning [legal grounds 1, 2];
- offer customer service including for the purpose of buying services and dealing with requests or (support) questions [legal grounds 1, 3, 4];
- conduct market research to improve our conduct of business, brands, services and products [legal ground 3];
- communicate via various channels (telephone, email, social media, website, post) from service provisioning and marketing reasons [legal grounds 1, 3, 4];
- approach you with offers or other commercial information. You always have a possibility to unsubscribe from such information by making known your objection. All communications from us state how you can do this [legal grounds 1, 3];
- improve the content of our communication by tailoring it to your personal preferences [legal ground 3];
- develop onwards and enhance new and existing products and services [legal ground 3];
- meet legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our rights and contracts (legal grounds 2, 3];
- analyse cookies on our website. We do this in order to tailor the content of our communication as closely as possible to your personal preferences [legal grounds 3, 4].
4. Length of time we save personal data
Eurofast saves your personal data no longer than strictly necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect the data. We apply the following data retention periods for the different categories of personal data:
Contact form Not more than 3 years
Job application form Not more than 2 years
Newsletter subscription Until the time of unsubscription from the newsletter
Request by e-mail Not more than 3 years
Other forms Not more than 3 years
E-mail campaign account Not more than 1 year after cancellation of service
Customer details Not more than 7 years (including data sent using the above methods, but only to the extent that a commercial relationship exists)
5. Sharing of personal data with third parties
Eurofast will not disclose, sell or rent your personal data to third parties, unless it is necessary to perform the contract or to comply with a legal obligation. Eurofast also uses services of third parties who act as 'processors' (such as hosting service providers). These service providers will process personal data only if agreed with Eurofast.
6. Cookies or similar techniques that we use
7. Social media, Chat and WhatsApp
You have the option of chatting with us and contacting us via our social media pages such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and WhatsApp. If you follow us or contact us on one of these social media channels, we might get access to some of your profile data. This privacy statement applies to the data that we get from you via these platforms. Use of social media is your own responsibility. This privacy statement does not apply to how social media platforms treat data that you have supplied. Therefore, we recommend that you read the privacy statement of the social media channel.
Eurofast publishes a newsletter to keep customers and interested parties informed of news about our services and related matters. If you use our services or subscribe on the website to the newsletter, your data will automatically be added to the list of subscribers. At the bottom of every mailshot, you will find a possibility to edit your contact details or to unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Inspecting, rectifying and erasing your data
You have the right to inspect, rectify or erase your personal data. You also have the right to withdraw any consent already given for the processing of your data, to object to the processing of your personal data by Eurofast and to have your data transferred. To exercise your rights you can request us to send a computer file containing the personal data that we hold about you either to you personally or to an organisation designated by you. You should address your request to email@example.com. We will reply to your request as soon as possible, in any event within four weeks.
Eurofast also draws your attention to your possibility to submit a complaint to the national regulator, i.e. the Dutch Data Protection Authority. You can use the following link for this purpose: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit-persoonsgegevens/tip-ons
If you submit a request to us, we may ask you to provide us with a copy of your means of identification, to make sure that the request originated from you and we do not send your personal data to the wrong party or erroneously edit your data.
10. How we secure personal data
Eurofast takes protection of your data seriously and implements appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, unauthorised disclosure and unauthorised changes. The website/web shop of Eurofast uses a reliable SSL certificate to assure that your personal data do not fall into the wrong hands. If you have the impression that your data are not properly secured, or there are indications of misuse, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Liability and responsibility
No rights may be derived from information contained on this website. The information is subject to change and to typographical errors. We strive to ensure that the website is as accurate and as complete as possible. The information on the website may be changed or removed without prior notice. Eurofast does not accept any liability for the content of the website. You personally are responsible for choosing to use the website. Similarly, you are responsible if you choose to use the information that you on the Eurofast.nl website.
12. Contact details
For questions and/or comments concerning this privacy statement, you may contact:
Eurofast (Van Roij Fasteners Europe B.V.)
5753 RJ Deurne
Tel. +31 493 315 885